This 1972 Monza Blue BMW R75/5 came to me as a used bike with only two previous owners, a father and son. It was always stored in a garage and has been very well cared for over the years. These bikes have a better ride, more technology, 12 volt charging systems, brighter lights and let us not forget, ELECTRIC START!!! which doesn’t sound like much until you have spent the afternoon kicking a bike over. I agree with many others that the /5 BMW model will become the next widely collectible BMW motorcycle. From what I can tell, everything on this bike is original and is in very nice condition for being 43 years old.
- Carbs have been rebuilt, points set, plugs replaced and valves adjusted.
- A set of Krauser bags and racks have been installed.
- It has new Hagon shocks, a Corbin solo seat and new rubber.
- The paint is in excellent condition along with the chrome and aluminum.
- The new owner can have either Albert headlight mirrors bar-end mirrors, or handlebar mounted mirrors.