This is a 1968 BMW R60US with documented mileage of 9,540 miles. The bike has been in storage for 17 years and although the mileage was low, it still needed attention. The sheet metal is straight and in excellent condition. There is some pitting on the chrome but it will clean up with some elbow grease. This bike will clean up well and will eventually need new tires and spokes. It starts with one kick and runs very well and the electrics are in excellent condition.
The US model bikes are great on the road having that longer wheel base and make great touring bikes.
- New plugs and wires
- New coil
- New mufflers, headers and crossover
- Re-built and re-sealed the final drive unit
- Reconditioned the brake shoes
- New grips and tank lock
- New clutch, throttle and brake cables
- Totally disassembled front end and installed new fork seals and gators
- Carburetors totally rebuilt
- Removed oil pan, cleaned, installed new gasket
- New battery
- Installed Hella bar-end signals
- Fresh fluids throughout